View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
Belmont Resident

Default Insurance

With the economy as it is people are having to cut prices to stay busy.
Maybe he has insurance maybe not, for yard cleanups requiring insurance is a little anal, unless it is a high end yard with costly tree’s and shrubs there really isn’t much damage that can be done, and or you are using a large outfit with many employees, then it is the law. But for a sole proprietor insurance is not required by law, but is a very smart investment.
I know unless the insurance binder is sent directly from the insurance company it can either be faked or is useless as the person could have canceled their insurance and still have the original binder sent to them.
I know whenever I have to produce a certificate it is sent directly to the homeowner or business from the insurance company, I provide the company with all the mailing information and it goes out that day, that is what I pay them for and that is how they want it done and it doesn’t matter how many time a year I need it they are happy to comply.