View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #49
elchase

Default I'm very happy with the compromise that the SL offers already

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlywinni View Post
This entire post has nothing to do with a Compromise....You should repost this in your Supporter Thread.
And the rest of you should move your "compromise" posts to the opposers thread. "Let us go as fast as we can on the part of the lake that offers the best sailing and salmon-fishing, and let us resume the same aggressive mayhem on the biggest part of the lake that caused all this trouble in the first place, just so we can have our selfish fun". That's a compromise?

Quote:
I will take you for a ride and if you can get my Baja to plane at 20mph I will give you $1000. I am lucky if she will stay on plane at 25mph.
Seems odd that your boat struggles so. Boattest.com (no snail boating site) tested it and found differently;
http://www.boattest.com/oem/general-...nk=#TestResult
Their boat was up on plane in 3.9 seconds but took 7.1 seconds to reach 30 mph, suggesting a planing speed well below 25 mph. And the video explains;
"This 26 outlaw runs well at slow speeds too, staying up on plane and under control down to 25 miles per hour, without a lot of fuss over trim tabs or drives to distract the skipper from crowded waterways". Of course, you may have suped up yours to gain top-end speed at the expense of planing speed, but that could simply be solved by the installation of some trim tabs...a very cheap investment compared to the high cost of that boat, eh?

Quote:
If there are alot of boats around-specifically those MP boats, I obey the 45mph limit all day...if no boats are around and we are in the broads..I drop the hammer often
Like many of your comrades on this forum, you are an admitted scofflaw trying to instigate the very arguments you then try to blame on others. Now you want to call those who object to your illegal behavior the "trolls" and silence our side of the issue? Come on.

I've been in my share of performance boats. Very exciting, and I can see how the addiction develops, but I did not feel such high speed belonged on a heavily-trafficed lake. This might be the result of a high speed car accident I was in as a teen that left me keen on the dangers. Of course, when the boats are out there running at high speeds the other boats seem to head for shore and the crowds seem to diminish, but that is not compromising or sharing...it is bullying.