Thread: Money matters ?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 01:30 PM   #14
ishoot308

Thanked 4,936 Times in 1,912 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
Although it has not been mentioned here, I am not a big fan of precious metals, the market is to difficult to read and it seems like it is driven or more accurately put manipulated based solely on speculation. Further that by the hit you take acquiring and divesting... there is a pretty decent amount of return that is required just to break even.
Well let me first say that I agree in the sense that metals are not an "investment" nor should they be thought of as such. They should be thought of and looked at as a hedge against inflation which they have quite proven themselves to be over the years. Gold, silver, platinum, whatever, is something you buy in the physical property sense, (forget about futures) hide, then use or cash in when the time is right... Those that understand this concept have done VERY well with keeping their assets when the market tanks. Gold etc, is driven by the value of the US dollar. It is actually a fairly simple concept to follow and understand as long as you realize the long term indicators which affect its value...

Dan