View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 08:30 AM   #79
bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
So if I understand it correctly, you have a pressure washer with a metal gas tank that was full of some substance that clogging the fuel system end to end, and you were able to clean it out with Apple Cider Vinegar and rocks!

Well I have to admit thats a fix I have never heard of before and that will live in infamy! Thats like something right out of MacGyver (the original, no idea about the new one never seen it,,,)

As for the substance, were able to ID it or its origin???

Likely it is not from alcohol in the gas impacting your pressure washer fuel system, as if you have a metal fuel tank then I suspect it came from outside. And if thats the case you should look carefully at your gas jug to see if it is deteriorating and or if it got contaminated from some other source. But in either case you dont want to go through this again so make sure your fuel source is clean before refueling the pressure washer!

ATB

Yes, the gravel was used yo clean the inside of the tank. I went on YouTube 'how to clean inside of a metal gas tank', and found several videos explaining this fix. I was surprised myself but it made sense, and the results were amazing. Videos did caution NOT using ball-bearings because metal again metal, well KABOOM !

On a last note, all my gas containers are all plastic, so that would not be the cause.

Check this article: https://www.goldeagle.com/tips-tools...es-against-it/

Article states::
"A third issue is that ethanol can loosen debris that normally collects in the corners of the fuel tank and can lead to clogged fuel systems."

Hope this helps......
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigdog For This Useful Post: