Thread: Fratello's
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 11:16 AM   #3
IrishEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
I cant speak to you specific situation, but I have learned the hard way that food service on Friday and Saturday nights almost anywhere in the lakes region and during peek vacation season is not a good choice.

Sorry but anywhere that is even just decent is overcrowded, staff are over worked, customers have unrealistic expectations, customers want to pay reasonable home based prices in a vacation setting, and yes food quality varies and too often is under-par for that same place on a Thursday or some other day.

If you do not want to pay Vacation Resort prices, wait longer than normal periods of time, and if you have ANY expectation for food quality, cook at home, or risk disappointment.

Sorry, thats just they way it has been for the last 20 years now. I do not come up to Winnipesaukee for day trips on Saturdays any more! And if I were renting for a week of more, I would NOT attempt to go out during prime vacation season on a Saturday, its not going to end well. Might not be a disaster, but just not a good choice. Any weekday will be better.

ATB
I agree with everything you said about the vacation resort prices and service on weekends. People that move here from urban areas (myself included) are surprised by the prices and expect them to be lower since you can dine in Boston for less!
Fratello's problem is easy to fix - eliminate 1/3 of the tables and accept reservations so you will know what to expect for guests on any given evening. Oh and putting tables in your parking lot and then asking guests to go park at O's is not acceptable! If I have to go park at another restaurant, I will be dining there! They were not lacking for wait staff; they just couldn't handle the volume of diners. Sorry for the rant!

IrishEyes
IrishEyes is offline   Reply With Quote