Thread: Marina Battery
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2022, 08:19 AM   #21
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Looking at my Formula "bible" (all 3"+ of it,,,) in the schematic it looks like i have ACR and and circuit beaker and isolator on the second battery.

My battery master switch only has "off - 1 - combined" no "1 or 2 or combined" option, so no way to select the Aux battery by itself that I can see.
Interesting switch set up... I have never seen one that didn't have the option of selecting the second battery.... That might be something to look into.... so that you can isolate either battery for charging while underway...

update:
So after a bit of research I now understand this setup with the ACR, and the and switch, with only off - 1 - combined option...... Not sure that I see it as the most optimal option, and honestly crates additional fail points in the system.... Also after some research it is not surprising to see this setup in a higher end boat like a Formula.... I think from my stand point, having this simple approach of the standard 1 - 2 - combined - off switch is much more simplistic....

Last edited by LIforrelaxin; 07-15-2022 at 08:54 AM.
LIforrelaxin is offline   Reply With Quote