View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #53
Top-Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
So, for the sake of discussion: I see fisherman in boats in front of my house all the time and I am on a very open part of the lake. Sometimes they are so close it surprises me to look out the front windows and see that a boat is so close.

This has happened to me so here is the question: When they cast, and their line and lure gets caught on your dock or boat lines do you:

A. Let them come onto your property to retrieve it
B. Cut the line and tell them to move on. (option, thank them for your new lure)
C. Try to release their lure without damaging your property
D. You tell me!
I chose option D: I would walk down to the dock and help them get the lure back, ask them how the fishing was and hopefully meet someone nice. From my experiences over many years on the lake if there is anything that I have learned is that folks are usually so thankful when you help them out in awkward situations like this. Even for the smallest things. For me life is to short to get pissy about stuff like this. And more often than not if you meet again under different circumstances you could and might become lifelong friendly acquaintances. God forbid maybe even close friends. But as a back up alternative option you can always tell them while your chatting that “you” and one of your friends seen a couple of *6* pound fish in the next cove down just yesterday. (Don’t say five pounder's, the five pound story is used so often they will know you are not telling the truth). This still leaves the possibilities of becoming friends at a later date, you just seen the fish you did not give any promises that they would catch them.

The first part of the story is true, for the second half let your conscience be your guide.

Parents insert photo of a really cute kid.
Gal’s insert photo of really handsome guy.

See you on the water tomorrow, but not on the docks I try to avoid these awkward situations.
Top-Water is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top-Water For This Useful Post: