View Single Post
Old 07-22-2020, 09:57 PM   #39
Taz

Default Anchors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr616 View Post
6 very lovely people ventured out today for a Sunday float. As year round lake residents we love to explore and enjoy all the nooks & crannies the lake has to offer.
Today we anchored in Johnson's Cove in Winter Harbor. A great day to swim & float only to be spoiled in the end.
As we pulled up to depart we found 2 of our 3 set anchors had been disconnected from the line.
To what end? Did you mean to send us a message? Come over and talk to us. We're a bunch of 40 somethings who like to meet new people. Did you need an achor? We'd gladly loan it to you.
I'm saddened that someone would purposely vandalize another boater. If you'd like to make it right... PM me.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
So this story was posted on Boaters of Winnipesaukee group on FB 3 days ago as a strange event. Now on this forum it changes to stolen anchors. While it is a coincidence that 2 in the same group would become detached I believe it is just that, a coincidence. Its not strange for anchors to become detached, it happens alot. Johnsons is deep and murky. There are a lot of logs, rocks and debris that can cause a shackle to foul. I know of several instances of this happening over the years, myself included. For all of the reasons mentioned above, I am confident the anchors were not stolen or purposely detached. That's a very bold statement without any evidence.

Last edited by Taz; 07-23-2020 at 02:48 AM.
Taz is offline   Reply With Quote