View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 05:28 AM   #22
secondcurve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
I slowed down and stepped back several years ago, maybe too early for financial reasons. I could have stayed in the rat race but all I did was work like crazy for the weekends, weeks, and vacation days at the lake that I cherished. Every fall I counted the days until the spring launch wishing the winter away.

As I moved on in years a light went on that said that I was wishing my life away for the small percentage of time that I had at the lake. I knew I enjoyed warm weather, boating, and beaches. I realized that it was available at the lake only 6 months of the year, if that.

I am very fortunate that life worked out to enjoy warm weather and boating all year long. I attribute much of it to hard work but also realize that luck played a part too. I realize that the family and financial constraints that life presents preclude that from happening for many people. I get that.

I guess what I am saying is: If you can, make the lifestyle changes you can, don't wait! Life is too short! Enjoy every minute doing exactly what you want to do.

There are no luggage racks on a hearse!
Congratulations on working hard and achieving your goals. I like to say I have never seen a u-haul trailing a hearse! A derivative of your saying.
secondcurve is offline   Reply With Quote