View Single Post
Old 04-14-2020, 07:06 AM   #43
gravy boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB_Monterey View Post
When someone tells you they want to open the economy now, just ask them what their number of acceptable deaths are. Just give is a number.

Go from there.
Other side of the coin and a question for YOU: What is the acceptable number of US Citizens who lose their livelihood and cannot house, cloth or feed themselves or their family? What is the acceptable number - or percentage - of mortgage defaults for you? " Just give us a number. Go from there."

We are sole proprietors and our business - and income - has come to a standstill. I am not retired with known monthly income. I don't live off of the profits of selling a business. I don't live off of a trust fund. What I do rely on is companies hiring employees as we are recruiters and we get paid only when we place someone with a company.

It seems you have no problem with millions of people like me - or those worse off - losing most if not everything. You feel it's okay that I lose my business, my house, my Toyota Highlander and have to surrender my two dogs and two cats because I have no home?

Not trying to be "sassy" - well, okay, maybe a little - but I am weary of the "let's force the majority of 328 million US citizens to sacrifice everything to save thousands." Do I want anybody to die? Obviously not. But there comes a time when life goes on and risks must be accepted - and those forced to sacrifice refuse to accept it any longer. And that time will be here before you know it.

GB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gravy boat For This Useful Post: