View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 02:25 PM   #52
Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavia immer View Post
There are so many coincidences in this thread for me.

I also destroyed a tire by picking up a "nail-set", but it was on the NEW JERSEY Turnpike!

Sal has been my favorite mechanic since before the station changed from Texaco to its present Sunoco products. It's a family business, and his dad will take your appointment. I once drove in with a nail-caused flat, and he fixed it for free. When a friend had annoying mechnical problems with her car, I told her of Sal's wide knowledge of the car industry. Weeks went by, and then she got a flat from a nail. Without the knowledge of my earlier recommendation, Sal fixed her tire for free.

Subarus have changed from those early days. They have several versions of "all-wheel drive", and I think they still offer manual transmissions. A few months ago, I had occasion to drive CateP's Subaru. It's a quality product, and drives like any other similar-size Japanese car; however, removing the key from the ignition is NOT intuitive, and may take some moments to figure out.

Just last week, a friend pointed out a starry constellation known as "The Pleides". She then told me it is the symbol found in Subaru's logo.

He might have fixed your tire for free, but he sure made it up when he worked on my car. Whew....never again.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote