View Single Post
Old 02-26-2010, 04:07 PM   #13
Pepper

Default Wild times!!!!!!!!

I left work in Rochester last night at 9:34 and arrived home at 11:05, and never was able to travel faster than 40mph due to the diminished visibility and the random hazards blowing around! The stretch of Rte 11 through Farmington seemed to have the worst issues with branches all over the road and debris flying past me on a regular basis. As I turned onto 11A the rain began to transition to snow, and as I climbed the mountain it became all snow, and the wind intensified. I was truly thankful that there were very few other cars on the road at that point, because it was really frightening! After arriving safely at home I turned on the scanner and couldn't believe the traffic - the dispatcher at LR Fire Dispatch sure had his hands full last night. He did an amazing job dealing with the dozens of calls - nearly non-stop tone-outs until well past 1AM. Trees were down everywhere, several into homes, and many blocking roads. Kudos go out to all the emergency responders who were working through the night to keep the roads open!!!!!!!