View Single Post
Old 04-30-2021, 05:14 AM   #89
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Wrong? I had a friend who worked on a postal distribution center in 2004. He remarked about all the Netflix envelopes with movie discs coming and going. A light should have gone on in my head, but it didn't.

About the real estate market: The major home builders in Florida (and maybe elsewhere) have put a freeze on sales. Lennar is the biggest national home builder and they have stopped writing orders as of about 6 weeks ago. If you stop into one of their gated communities the salespeople will take your name and number and tell you they will call when they can start writing orders again.

With the cost of building materials up over 30%, and the back log of orders, they felt it was prudent to put a temporary hold on. They are currently running 9 to 12 months from order to completion and were also concerned about where the market was going.

The market is moving fast. I sold a house in Florida in January for over my asking price and the realtor told me in April it was worth $100,000 more than I got. Ouch! Maybe I should also list that among my many mistakes!
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote