View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 05:20 AM   #6
Belmont Resident

Default Rusty

I agree with Broome Building, the windmills take any character the town may have had away. Soon it will be known as" that town with those ugly windmills".
If my info is correct that I received on the northern pass project the owners of the turbines can petition for a tax abatement from the government down the road which is almost always granted. By, by tax dollars!
What I would like to know is how much are the residents saving on their electric bill? Probably not one red cent.
So you have these towering eye sores visible for miles around that are producing electricity for in most cases residents of another state, and the town is getting a mere 22K a year. That is probably the road departments cost to fill potholes in the town.
I do agree with a lot of your posts Rusty but on this subject, no, I do not think any town in NH has anything to gain by windmills or power lines going through or being built. In the long run the towns will be getting nothing and still have those ugly scares to show for it.