View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 08:25 AM   #25
Dave R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatto Nero View Post
Dave, I know you ride and so do I. So I guess that's why I'm a little confused about this response. I agree that riding the center line is pretty stupid, but why would anybody in their right mind, particularly another rider, recommend to other drivers to "Squeeze 'em hard"? That is the rough equivalent of slamming hard on your brakes in order to scare a tailgater. It might make you feel good if said tailgater reacts in time to avoid slamming into your hind quarters, but what if he doesn't? Again, I don't agree with riding the center line anymore than I agree with tailgating, but if I see it happen I give'em all the space they think they need. The satisfaction of a lesson well taught is not worth getting somebody killed over.
I guess because I have no affinity with people who ride like morons. I would never brake hard for tailgaters, that's a surprise move with intentions of causing an accident. My recommendation is to simply hold your line, be predictable and not be cowed by morons. A few inches of space between vehicles is the same as a mile when they don't touch. If push comes to shove, obviously, don't have an accident. That said, they ALWAYS move over when I hold my line.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote