View Single Post
Old 03-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #18
Just Sold

This home on Rt. 11D close to Mt. Major was told to me to have been built in the late 1800's. It is the Old Boulder Lodge. It has been restored with some tastefull additions that look as if they were always there. There are 8 guest cottages that have also been restored including one that appeared to be very old and overhangs the lake by the docks and in front of the main house. I would stay in that one anytime.

I researched the deeds and there was reserved a 66' wide strip through the land to the Lake Shore Railroad 12/18/1888 by Eleazer D. Barker. But I have not verified the date of the homes original construction. If somone goes to the Alton Town Hall they can view the tax card and should find the original construction date.

The current owner is recorded as Timothy J. Sullivan, Trustee of the Woodhaven Trust. The actual owner through the trust is a member of the Walgreen family. I had the privilege to visit with Mr Walgreens wife and had a tour of the property in Aug of 2005. They paid 2.5 million for the property.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...uote=1&p=90241
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Sold For This Useful Post: