View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #36
GTO

Default really good skiing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancoveguy View Post
Thanks for the info.

This is my first season back on skis in many years so my frame of referrence is limited, but...judging by the prices I am seeing I can see why the slopes are empty.
I am trying desperately to take my family (of 5) on a modest ski vacation. Nothing fancy, 2 days midweek, non vacation week, willing to stay off site and it is still running me over $1000. When we were kids we would go to Loon or WVV for a week each year and stay on the mountain. For me to give my kids that experience it will cost me well over $2500 plus food etc. I cannot believe how expensive things have gotten.

We settled on 3 nights and 2 days of skiing at Gunstock, staying at the Summit Condos in Laconia. Took advantage of the Sunday family 4 pack and the Monday BOGO offer and it is still around $1000.

I have never skied Gunstock and would love to hear some thoughts on this mountain or any other ski deals for early March.

HCG
I was just at Gunstock last week. Skiied all day. Conditions were really good considering there is not much snow anywhere. Skiied from the summit all day long. Snow was good, no ice. I spoke to someone that had been there 9 other times this year and he said that day was the best all season. Got my tickets from a website called Liftopia. Highly recommend them. Got all day pass for $36. Ordered the night before and picked up the tickets the next day at Gunstock Welcome Center. They have discount lift prices for ski areas all over the country.