View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 04:42 PM   #50
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by B R View Post
all of this is easily explained:

a leg on top of the kayak:

i've seen this in the x games before. some kayakers get their kicks out of doing these insane tricks all in the name of fun. it's called cowboy kayaking. they're trying to get this sick sport into the olympics, but no insurance company will underwrite the event.

the person is paddling real close to a nest/a nest in the middle of the water/line running at an angle:

appears to be a deviation from the above sport. i've heard they race as close as they can to the tormented loon in an attempt to get the loons to scream (squack, call out...). once they succeed, they lasso the loon and nest with fishing line (that's why it's barely visible) and drag them out to the middle of the lake and then watch and laugh as the loon struggles back to shore. points are awarded by the length of the loon scream and the number of loon chicks that fall into the water.

all of this on the name of fun. i'm telling ya, it's just sick sick sick.....there ought to be a law.......
Don't forget the lead sinkers that are fed to them in order to prolong their struggle to shore... Only done by the most skilled of culprits...