View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 06:09 PM   #7
FlyingScot

Default Middle Number Should be Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz View Post
I thought there were regulations on fertilizing lawns close to shore. Problem is how do you enforce that? I guess you have to prove that some one violated the regulation.

People don't care. This weekend some one was feeding ducks where I and friends were anchored. There were informed nicely not to and its against the law. The did not acknowledge the warning and continued.
Shore Things will correct be if I'm wrong, but all fertilizer in the watershed--pretty much anywhere in the towns surrounding the lake--migrates toward the lake. Unfortunately, it is completely legal to sell and use fertilizer loaded with phosphorous, the number one nutrient responsible for promoting cyanobacteria and other unwanted growth, and many people simply do not know.

If you are anywhere within one of the towns that's on the lake, it's best not to use fertilizer. But if you must, please make sure the middle number on your bag is "0". Many excellent gardeners are not aware of this. Please make sure they know if they're working at your house
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote