View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 02:35 PM   #27
drwamcross

Default Dinner was Excellent !

My wife and I had dinner at the Lodge on Friday evening, January 11th. We each had a glass of wine and I began with the onion soup which I frequently order at dinner; it has a bit of a blue cheese flavor and was delicious. I had the salmon which is served over pappardelle pasta with mushrooms, tomatoes, bacon and spinach. My wife had the nut crusted chicken which came with mashed potato and carrots. Both were excellent and the portions were large; we both brought home leftovers fro lunch the next day. We topped it off with coffee/tea and had the cannoli which are filled fresh when ordered; while we expected one large cannoli to share, the serving was four smaller cannolis and were as good as those we get eating in the North End of Boston. The service was very good and both Scott, one of the managers and Mark, the owner stopped by to make sure everything was okay. As far as pricing, it may not be someplace we would go every week but it is comparable with Canoe, Faro, Shibley's and O. We saw a few burgers, discussed on the other thread, and were impressed with the size of the portion. It is NOT a Wendy's, McDonald's or other less quality burger and its price is comparable with the previously mentioned restaurants. All in all, we were extremely pleased and will be returning to the Lodge in the future.
drwamcross is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to drwamcross For This Useful Post: