View Single Post
Old 08-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #142
Farfrumbehavin

Well said Maxum, One thing we have in common is that I have spent my life bettering myself and trying to motivate greedy employees to do the same for every ones sake. I left high school into a very difficult economy. Living on my own, supporting myself at 17 yrs old, handed nothing. Started at the bottom anywhere I went, and worked hard for everything i have. I went to night school at 3 different colleges over a six year period to achieve the level of education I needed to pursue my goals. I ran my own business for a few years and took a good job in a good company so someone else could handle the bull**** and I could do what I'm good at. Of course I have people above me who have taken all the risk and provided me with a very good job and I am very grateful. It wasn't always that way but I did something about it! I am very valuable to the people that I work for and am very happy with the level of compensation. But I like some people, have, along the way worked at one time or another for some very greedy people, just a fact. Call it what you want i choose to call it what it is. I worked for a family business that two brothers inherited and both worked but had no idea what it took to get there. Could not and did not appreciate the employee that worked very hard to try to make things better for everybody in the company. Cut operating cost every way they could including cutting employees benefits and lowering pay scales. I managed projects that saved these guys tens of thousands of dollars and they showed no appreciation. l call it the shell game where the pea always ends up in there pocket. My understanding of what may be happening here with MB, at least what I have heard from employees who were petitioning signatures, was that without the guy who wears the white hat they stand to loose many of the benefits that make it such a good place for them to work. And the good employees are not the greedy ones. The are the ones who appreciate the way they have been treated an know what they have. I understand it is not the big guy agajnst the little guy, but the buisness philosiphy that has been in place seems to work pretty well. Very happy customers, very happy employees, making enough money to grow and open more stores and make more people happy and make more money doing it. I did not say capitalism is evil, This is capatalism as it's best. I have always tried to make the system work for me. That's why I shop at MB I am a capalist. No I'm not rich either, but I have more than I ever dreamed i'd have. And I have have everything I need. I also help others that deserve it whenever I have a chance to do so. The whole thing is very interesting to me and I should have added that I hope to god my prediction is wrong. It just appears that the guy with the power does not give two ****s about about the mom working in the bakery trying to get her kids through school as much as he does his own bottom line. That my friend whether you like it or not is greed. I hope to god I'm wrong.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Farfrumbehavin For This Useful Post: