Thread: choose a boat?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 07:44 PM   #18
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
While I agree that a performance package tri-toon with a big motor would be great choice, I highly doubt Jim would find one in the price range he has budgeted. A new performance package tri-toon of any brand would be well in excess of $50,000.00 without a trailer. I doubt you could find a serviceable used one for 10 -12 grand that he has budgeted.

I do think he could find a good used deck boat or similar in that price range and NOW is the time to look. There are deals to be had out there especially this time of year!

Good luck Jim!

Dan
I also agree there are boats out there but he wants to put 8-10 people on this boat. That is a lot of people to be out in a boat for a day on the lake unless it is a pontoon or a much larger then 21-22 or even 24 foot boat.
Will the boat hold that many maybe but your going to be elbow to elbow unless your at a sand bar and offload most. We have a 26 Chaparral which will easily hold 8 but there's no room to move around either.
There is a big difference between taking 8-10 out for a ride and spending the day on the lake with 8-10, also the power needed to get the boat out of the water would mean a big block engine.