View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 04:21 PM   #22
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
I cared when I was visiting my son's summer camp on Winni and I asked the director why none of his boats were out on the lake on such a beautiful day.
He explained that there were some days, mostly weekends, when the cowboy atmosphere on the lake was so bad, that he could not justify sending out children in sail boats, kayaks and canoes. He also could not allow water skiing on those days.

He didn't think a speed limit would completely solve the problem. But he did think it might reduce the weekend madness of the lake in the future.

Looks like he was right.
BI, your argument doesn't hold much water and neither does the camp director's. I've seen camps where they had their little flotilla of sailboatsand from what I have witnessed over and over again is people largely stay away from them.

Your argument would have people believe there is not enough room for the camps and boaters. Pick the busiest day of summer boat traffic and I can find spots on the lake with no boats and plenty of room to operate any type of vessel you want be it sail, kayak, canoe, waterbike, etc.

In fact, I've seen the little flotillas of camp boats where if you really want to be a hard case the sailboats should all have been cited with violating the safe passage rule as they are above headway speed and close to each other. Or, do you think the MP should just look the other way because they are campers?