View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #128
Mee-n-Mac

Exclamation Danger Will Robinson, Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
You probably can't conceive that a boat anchor can strike your house at night; or, should your house be located within 120-feet of a lake's shoreline, be struck by the boat itself.

(Consider also, that the boat may have nobody in it!)
Mebbe I should also consider the danger poised by planes dropping from the sky onto me or my camp while at the lake. I recall at least 2 Winni headlines along those lines. (more if we include helicopters and ultralights !) Seems to happen with about the same frequency as your aforementioned boats. Then again I had a Nissan SUV lose control on the road just 8' from my bedroom last month. Seems there's no end of the things to worry about ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acres per Second View Post
On the eve of a Labor Day Weekend—a weekend when editors will be printing the headlines—there was the expected increase in the number of boats on the lake.

Towards evening, it was reassuring to see that many were traveling at speeds much slower than the required 25-MPH.

Many appear to be discovering the safer and relaxed boating Winnipesaukee experience that decades of residents had enjoyed before excessive speeds became an issue.
And I saw quite a few over the 25 MPH limit this past weekend. I wonder how many of those "discovering" their new boating are also wondering about how the number was scientifically arrived at. Oh wait it wasn't ....