View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 09:06 AM   #239
Little Bear

Default Let's change the law

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDACTIVE View Post
What upsets me is I would be more then willing to also install captains call on my boat. Similar to silent choice. It allows for the engine to be further muffled under 2000 RPMS. This works very well when you are near shore, idleing through canals, or starting your boat at the dock. I would be more then happy to use it and still keep my mufflers on. However, our state legislatures, most of whom have never been on a boat, in their infinate wisdom banned switchable exhaust. While I see the other side (you always have that one guy who doesn't run mufflers with switchable) overall the lake would be a much quieter place. I see plenty of boats now that have no mufflers might as well allow switchable exhaust for those of us who will actually use it.
Excellent topic. What steps would be needed to get the State to accept Captain's Call? I'll be the first one to step up and get this going. This is really a stupid rule and again shows that these lawmakers have no clue when they vote for these issues. Any suggestions would be welcomed and appreciated. LB