View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #211
gtagrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchase View Post
You guys really like to give a hard time, eh? Is there a limit to how much time I can spend on the lake? Do I need your permission? I thought I could say (unlike many on the this forum) that my boating does not impact anyone but me, but I guess I am wrong. My boats are very quite, and although my power boat is pretty fast (goes about 45...a pretty fast speed for a boat), my speed has never put anyone else at risk of caused them fear, and I have never had a violation because I adhere to all of our laws, even those I disagree with. How could my boating possibly offend you? And I'm the "troll"?

Judging by your dedication to this forum (a whopping 20-some posts since Friday), I'm surprised you've been able to get that much boating time in. Do you have a satellite connection in the boat out in VT? You are the last person that should be challenging how someone occupies their time. Do you have any other interests besides posting from VT on a NH speed limit forum? ... about an activity you only do for 24 hours a year?

That looks like the same boat I saw last week. And you don't think that looks silly on a crowded lake? Was he still wearing his Helmet and PFD? Did he still have his tail between his legs from last week's spanking? I'm surprised he came back, but not surprised he was now respecting the law. But I must say that helmet really was a laugh. Surpized he wasn't wearing an Evil Kneevil cape too.

I hear ya. This must have been annoying. Now take this boat and double it in length, triple it in weight, and quadruple it in speed and imagine how your annoyance woudl have changed to terror as he approached.

I wrote a very frank and sincere post about what you guys need to do to help save your pastime on the remaining lakes. You have jerks out there who do not belong in the "cock pits" of these huge boats, and they have cost you some of your freedoms already. Yet you continue to direct your anger at the "victims" rather than the "criminals". Challenging silly details of the posts of people who enjoy passive pastimes like fishing and sailing, and trying to scare them from voicing their opinions is not going to help you avoid seeing more speed limits enacted on the other lakes around the region. If you don't concentrate on removing the GFBL Boneheads from the remaining lakes and if the problems Winnipesaukee used to have persist on those lakes, then the people of those lakes are going to see how well the SL is working here and are going to want to copy it. Then you will have no place left without rules. Stop focusing on me and how many hours I get to spend in my boats and start directing your anger at the right group. Stop high-fiving the few law-breakers who are still speeding here and thinking that they are doing you some big favor. They are your worst enemies, yet you are too blind to see that. I write this in all sincerity.

I'm getting very frustrated and thinking that my time might be better spent than trying to debate with this group on this issue anymore. As they say; you can lead a horse to water, and I've really run into a bunch of non-thirsty horses. When people start threatening to "investigate" me and start ridiculing my amount of boating, then it is clear that logic is just being wasted and that this is not a worthwhile investment of time I'd rather be spending on the lake on such sunny days as this. You guys are clearly devoted to your cause and have decided that insulting and intimidating those who disagree is somehow going to get a wonderful law that the rest of society is enjoying to be repealed. Why should I try to steer you from that misguided tactic? It worked so well for you last time. If I promise to stay out of these threads, will you stop talking about me, ridiculing me, and leave me alone?
When you make unrealistic claims of 600 hours on the lake and a 14 foot boat going 25mph could not kill you if struck, what do you expect?
The Following User Says Thank You to gtagrip For This Useful Post: