View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 09:38 AM   #227
Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
Wow. I am shocked at the distain for short term rentals. This is extremely popular is almost all resort areas world wide.

I have no problem paying the occupancy tax on short term rentals.

inspection and health safety issues are ridiculous. Why would short term rental be subject these type of regulations when long term and commercial are not. So if I rent one day over the short term time I am not subject to any of these health and safety regs?

My points are merely not opinion but fact based on years of experience. Short term rentals increase values and boost the economy. Fact!!!

Many of the “opinions” on this subject are just that opinions and not fact.

You just do not want short term rentals because you are worried there MIGHT be an issue when in fact people without you knowing until this came in front of the council having been going on successfully for years with very minimal incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
I don't know why you are shocked! At my condo complex in the Weirs we take a VERY laid back attitude with most things. We had a condo in our complex do Airnb and it was AWFUL! We had all sorts of noise & parking issues. We let this go on for most of a summer, blaming it on bad luck in their clients. Finally we had enough. Luckily short term rentals were forbidden in the HOA docs, so a cease & desist was issued.

Why should your short term rentals not be subject to the same rules and regulations and inspections as a hotel/motel? Is that not in fact what your business model is? When you take money for lodging, you become a commercial entity and as such should be subject to the same rules & regs. Why should you as an individual, be exempt from the same rules we impose on the Naswa & Margate and other businesses?

Woodsy