View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 10:18 AM   #185
iw8surf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
You are mistaken on several issues...

The City of Laconia suffers from a lack of affordable housing and this stifles the economic growth of the city. If investors continue to buy up the existing affordable housing stock with airbnb/vrbo business plans, this problem will never be resolved.

There are airbnb/vrbo rentals all over the city. They are the reason for these strict rules. A lot of these rentals are in family neighborhoods. I would argue that an airbnb/vrbo next door would lower my property value. Nobody wants to live next to an unregulated no tell motel party house in a residential neighborhood.

You most certainly can exempt waterfront property from the airbnb ordinance. You can make exceptions for DEEDED water access as well. No exemption for water views should be allowed.

Woodsy
I would much rather live next to an Air-BnB (my current neighbor on the lake rents his house every week of the summer) then some of the characters I lived next to when I previously lived in Laconia.

5 years running never had a single issue with the neighbors renters.
2 years spent in Laconia my place was broken into twice, my car window were broken once and the last straw was things were stolen from my boat which sealed the deal on Laconia for me..
iw8surf is offline   Reply With Quote