View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 09:47 AM   #184
Woodsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
But you said it in your post. “ slow down investment owners” which in turn reduces demand and lowers values. Investors are willing to pay a little more if they can get a good ROI.

Short term renters are not renting in downtown Laconia or anywhere that is a good distance from the lake.

Also what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

You cannot limit you just water front, what if you have a view or are walking distance from the lake etc that opens Pandora’s box.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
You are mistaken on several issues...

The City of Laconia suffers from a lack of affordable housing and this stifles the economic growth of the city. If investors continue to buy up the existing affordable housing stock with airbnb/vrbo business plans, this problem will never be resolved.

There are airbnb/vrbo rentals all over the city. They are the reason for these strict rules. A lot of these rentals are in family neighborhoods. I would argue that an airbnb/vrbo next door would lower my property value. Nobody wants to live next to an unregulated no tell motel party house in a residential neighborhood.

You most certainly can exempt waterfront property from the airbnb ordinance. You can make exceptions for DEEDED water access as well. No exemption for water views should be allowed.

Woodsy