View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 09:51 PM   #19
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
OP got "screwed" by the marina/mechanic whether by laziness, incompetence, or even bad intention.
Being made "whole" physically should have included a full refund of expenditures minus the cost of the initial inspection that should have uncovered the real issue.
Being made "whole" should also have included a forthright acknowledgement that they screwed up.
OP got neither. One wonders at the ethics & conscience, or lack thereof, of the marina/mechanic.
BUT...not living up to your own agreements is just getting down in the mud with them. This is a question of the OPs ethics & conscience. I would encourage OP to take the boat just for the part removal. Not for the benefit of the marina but for their personal benefit of a clear conscience and a forthright statement of their ethics.
IOW, you will sleep better if you follow through.
If I was the OP, I would sleep like a baby leaving things just the way he did. That Marina doesn't deserve the courtesy of an "ethical" customer doing the right thing by them. They obviously could care less about the OP's business, so I would just return the favor by screwing them right back in any way possible after they treated the OP the way they did. I realize two wrongs don't make a right, however, I would have COMPLETE peace of mind knowing that I had no intention of screwing the marina in any way until after the way they treated / screwed me after all was said and done. I say NAME THE MARINA OP, and sleep well!!! You did the right thing IMHO.

Last edited by Cal Coon; 10-12-2019 at 10:33 PM.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote