View Single Post
Old 10-04-2019, 09:19 AM   #44
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick26 View Post
For what it’s worth I have a 2015 290 with twins and I have experienced this in the past. I will say the boat drives beautifully with drives all the way down all the time, but I feel there was a bit of extra drag and probably sacrificing a bit of fuel efficiency. I could very slightly trim up (maybe 10%) without issues but didn’t feel I was getting full benefit but it drove fine as well. If I went a little higher (20-30%) it would porpoise and not drove well. I went out with a friend one day and started playing around and went to 50-60% and it drove fantastic. It was much higher than I thought was logical but it literally floated on water and cut through everything with minimal slam on the hull even in choppy conditions. Don’t be afraid to play around - we were at about 3200 RPM/30ish MPH in this case which is a great cruising speed for the boat. Hope this helps a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting, I would have never expected it to respond better at a point of trim past where it porpoised.

As several folks here have suggested, I still need to spend more time getting to know it and trying different combinations.

Based on your experience, I may need to think beyond my previous experience which told me to stop adjusting the trim level up when I started to experience porpoising.

Sounds like a good reason to get in more seat time next season
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote