View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 09:47 AM   #15
Rich

HiVolt,

I know exactly how you feel. I believe that I even know the dealer that you were working with, and I probably even know the parallel parking slip that they wanted to rent to you.

I had the same issues with them when buying my first and second boat from them. When you start shopping with them, they tell how much you will love doing business with them, as they always take care of their customers....

…. but then when you find a boat that you want from them and start getting into the details of the sale, oops, that's when their story changes as 'unfortunately" it's a consignment boat, so now they can't/won't do A, B, C, D and E, if you want F, G, H and I, they can do it, but it will cost you extra! Of course, all these things were mentioned up front as some of the free wonderful services that they said you would enjoy as a customer of theirs (sound familiar??).

Somehow they like to tell you that they are doing the person a favor by trying to sell a consignment boat to you. And all those pre-sales promises are withdrawn. After talking to them about selling my first boat, which they sold to me, they charge a considerable consignment fee. So it's not a favor at all! I sold my first boat myself, and pocketed their 'favor' into my bank account to help fun the next boat.

I could tell you a lot of stories about the deal and the crappy sales person that handled it (he's since no longer working there). I was considering walking away from the deal several times due to his lies, misrepresentations and broken promises. After emailing and talking to the management, they didn't even take the time to respond to me. The only person that was half decent at the time was their service manager.

People who buy a new boat from them tend to love them, but I've heard horror stories too, so you may be smarter to find a new dealer.

Unfortunately, at the lake there is a limited supply of dealers, and they know it. Lots of people have good luck buying elsewhere, even after factoring in the price of transporting a boat to the lake.

There's also a limited supply of slips on the lake right now, and as the size of the boat goes up, the number of available slips goes down. If you have a 21 foot or smaller boat, almost every slip on the lake can accommodate you, once you get to 25 foot or larger, the number of slips goes down considerably.

If you're dead set on a boat of this size (which I think is a good size for the lake, 25 ft or larger, my first was 27ft), then start now looking for a slip while you're shopping for a boat.

Don't give up, I'm sure you'll find what you want.