View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 01:19 PM   #7
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyk72 View Post
Hello, I'm in the market for a ~24 tritoon w/200 horse. I've been casually looking since the summer and got some figures from a dealer last week. I'm wondering if I'd be getting the best deal now or should I wait until the boat shows early next year? What dealers should I visit? Any advice on makes to look at and which to avoid also appreciated. If any dealers are reading this, feel free to contact me, just be up front about pricing.

Thanks,
Tony
most years I would say now is the time to be looking, because left overs would still be available to be found. But this year most Marina's sold off all the current year models and are filling there show rooms back up with next years models now. So they aren't looking to sell off old inventory to make room for new models.

With that said, the season is over I wouldn't rush right now. I would look around and start to figure out what it is you really want, and believe you can afford. Once you have narrowed it down start calling various Marina's and get prices....

If you aren't getting a trailer, and need a Marina to take care of the boat your choices are limited. But if like me you are willing to travel Play the game and get prices for the exact same boat from different places and play the Marina's off each other. Most boats you buy in the lakes region of New Hampshire, you can find else where for considerably less else where.

Last does it need to be new? This time of year you find boats start to pop up all over the place for sale. Some have very few hours, because people bought them on a whim and realized they aren't using it as much as the thought they would. So you find a really good used boat for less money....

In the lakes regions, all Marina's have good and bad stories associated with them.. There have been several comments here about how great WOW/Winnisquam Marine is... but they have soured me on them over the last few years.... Unless your buying new boats from them they don't care.... and there used boat stock has gone way downhill...

Once again my recommendation is look away from the Marina's around winnipesaukee, even if you have to have it delivered to the lake, you can find a lot better prices outside of the lakes region of New Hampshire, especially if you are looking at new boats.