View Single Post
Old 05-15-2011, 05:30 AM   #36
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
........I am a member of performance boat forums at other sites like OSO. In those forums you will find multiple declarations from performance boaters that the speed limit has caused them to go elsewhere and that they will never return to Winni while it has a speed limit.

I have no idea what the numbers are, yet clearly there are a number of boaters that have left Winni because of the speed limits. To argue otherwise is absurd........
During the early to mid-2000s and the housing price bubble, many boats (all types) were paid for with equity loans or re-fi's. That money source is now gone. Even with an "economic recovery" the housing sector is still in shambles post-bubble so it's not likely we'll see that return anytime soon either.

My wife works in banking and can tell you many stories of people who would get 75k equity lines of credit and use the whole thing in one check for things like boats, cars, RVs, etc. Now, that same recreational crowd has to get consumer loans and have to put money down.....