View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 10:51 PM   #19
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
This is the second time you've hit this "go someplace else note" on this thread. It's kind of offensive to those who have have loved this lake for decades and have made major investments to be here, whatever its imperfections.
Yes because I LOVE the lake just as it is and has been my whole life.

I thoroughly enjoy Winnipesaukee for exactly what it has been my entire life, a very well developed and very active boaters lake. I love seeing the boats, I truly miss the countless classic jet and "ski" boats we used to see all the time. I used to love hearing their drone running up and down the lake, with their un-muffeled and above the waterline exhaust. I love seeing the homes and cruise the coastline constantly just to look at them, and even at night. I find the lights help me navigate and given me landmarks. I enjoy talking to anyone about the lake and promoting it as a place to visit. We frequent the Weirs just to see and play at the arcades, and we make regular pit stops in Meredith, Wolfeboro and Alton to enjoy the local restaurants. Its as close to a PERFECT body of water as I have found. Not perfect, but as close as I have found.

As a child NOTHING was better than waking up to go fishing and waiting to see the boats start up and people go skiing. Next best thing was going to the marina and smelling the old white gas premix. Then maybe a trip across the lake to visit some family or friends at another cabin. We used the lake, enjoyed the lake, and we loved that the lake is was active and popular and thriving. And at the end of the day, it was a perfect nightcap to hear one last boat and see its lights heading for home, passing all the sparkling lights that dotted the shoreline.

Where as many posting here are constantly looking to turn it into something else. So for them I suggest they seek what they want somewhere else and leave Winnipesaukee as it it. As the kids say today; sorry, not sorry!

So for me, I find this a very interesting comment from you.

But you are entitled to your perspective and also to say whatever you want. So if you want to alter the lake because of your investments and feel it is full of imperfections, and want to turn it into something else, you are 100% entitled to that position. But I dont and wont embrace it and dont feel ANY responsibility to smile and nod in agreement, because thats not the Winnipesaukee I have known for well over 50 years, and I like the Lake Winnipesaukee I have known just as it is. So again, sorry, NOT sorry ;-)