View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 06:06 AM   #59
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad207 View Post
The good thing about dining in the Lakes Region is that there are good burgers, wings, fries and pizza, The bad things is that what you get in the Lakes region is burgers, fries and pizza. The Breeze is trying, successfully in my view, to bust out of this mold: duck confit, swordfish sandwich, octopus appetizer, 4 soups, cioppino, mussels, and many other seafood-focused things. We've been there three times, and had intersting and well-prepared food. Not cheap food, not plain food, but things with some thought and character. I like pizza, wings and a burger as much as the next guy, but give the octopus a go, and a swordfish on a bao bun with pickled vegs as well. Bring it on--- a nice change of pace, there will always be burgers and chicken sandwich somewhere. Cool cocktails as well.

And the view? I understand the gripe about moving the bar which obstructs the view for diners, but the bar there now is great-- and where better to have that fall Bloody Mary, that winter Irish Coffee, that early summer rose', than sitting at that bar, looking out to the islands and the trees; in winter, the ice? Diners are, and should be, more focused on their dinner companions, and not so much on the view.

This ownership group is trying to bust out of the usual Lakes Region thing. Give them a try, and give them a break, and enjoy something different.
Is that food rare on the Gilford side of the lake? Here in Moultonborough, one can drive five minutes for squid ink pappardelle with calamari and octopus, crab and spinach stuffed shrimp, escargot, duck, etc. Osteria Poggio, Lemon Grass, The New Woodshed, the Corner House and, I'm sure, a few other places are all within a few minutes and offer that type of thing.

You make a good point about the bar/table seating and groups, but when my wife and I eat out we like to sit next to each other facing whatever view there is.

We've not tried The Breeze yet as we're not over there often (we're clearly not their targeted demographic in the first place), but I do hope they do well, and it looks like they're off to a pretty good start.

Edited to add: Well, other than this review from our recent "take my vodka and go home" ex-forum-member. It looks like Baygo's been 5-starring restaurants that sell his vodka and 1-starring those that don't. What a jerk, good riddance, and it looks like a good reason to check out The Breeze!

thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thinkxingu For This Useful Post: