View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 05:15 PM   #7
Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawishiwi View Post
The depth map options take a long time to load and are very cluttered. The regular map works fine. The satellite view loads quickly and could help locate where on a doc that the pump is located. For instance on the plaim map Trexlers gas location appears offshore. Switching to satellite shows where on the complex dock the pumps are.
Knowing this, and if it's the same for most of us, I could make the Satellite the default map, and then people can choose the others if needed?

I would think that seasoned boaters don't even need the map at all and would only look at the prices. Other's may glance at the map every so often, only if they were wondering where a particular gas dock was located. I know before I started this project, I found the gas map useful to show me the locations of each dock as I didn't know where each was located myself, especially those on the 'other side of the lake'.

The dilemma then would be the choice of the default map, plain or satellite?

Of course, if someone wanted, they could glance at the Navigation chart if needed, but most people familiar with the lake won't need this at all.