View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 08:13 PM   #67
MaidenCove07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
The Lowes in Gilford has no competition as far as I can see so they'll probably be fine. I hope they don't close... the thought of having to go down to the Tilton Home Depot every time I need something is too terrifying to think about.
Coming onto this conversation late, but I consciously elect to go to places like Trustworhty (which is less than 2 miles from Lowes in Gilford) or Ace on the other side of the lake rather than HD or L because supporting smaller businesses is WAY more advantageous to us all that buying crap at box stores.

You've read on this thread about inferior garden products, inferior kitchen and carpet projects and re-branded tools, that's just the beginning with box stores. With the smaller hardware stores, what you see is what you get and if you need larger quantities than they carry, they can get a shipment for you in days at near or better than the box store price. I did this with insulation from Ace and was impressed with the price, the service, and the great installation advise I got from the store.

Stop thinking that only big box stores can give you what you need. Look to the smaller local merchant who also spends his money/your money locally....many times, it makes SO much sense....
MaidenCove07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MaidenCove07 For This Useful Post: