Thread: 53 apply
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default 53 apply

Here's a clue to what's happening in the local construction jobs-employment scene in Laconia/Belmont. Thought I'd pass this job listing along as I search hopelessly in the available local jobs pool. Hey, talk about a very shallow pool! Will I ever work again? ...wudda....wudda...wudda...woe is me!
"craigslist posting id# 1591067602, February 8, 2010

Carpenter/Laborer (Laconia/Belmont)

Thankyou all for resopnding!!!
Sadly I can't hire 53 carpenter/laborers. I have selected one for the position. As for the rest of you, I will keep your contacts for future need.

Must have basic pouch tools.
Experience with Framing & Siding is a plus. Work is not full time ... perhaps 3-4 weeks to wrap up current projects. New projects are scheduled for mid-late March.

Compensation: $12.00-$15.00 per hour cash pay"

And that's the way it is, as seen in a local craigslist classified ad, here in Belknap County, NH; home of the second highest rate of unemployment, 7.5%, in the state (11 counties total), after 9.4% Coos County way-up-north, for December 2009. Have yet to see any numbers for January 2010.

So, how does Belknap County get itself out of this demographic.......like....what's the cure that is needed here, doctor?

As Franklin Roosevelt or Bill Clinton or somebody once said: "The best social program around is a good paying j-o-b!"

Last edited by fatlazyless; 02-10-2010 at 08:24 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote