Thread: Lost Ski Area
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 01:39 PM   #13
SIKSUKR

Originally Posted by fatlazyless
Was that King Ridge that was located somewhere near Mt Sunapee. With their base lodge and parking lot on the summit you had to make the last lift before it was closed at the end of the day or else you would have to walk back up to the summit and your car.
Yes FLL.It was in New London across Lake Sunapee.We always called King Ridge the upsidedown mountain for that reason.

Posted by Fish Cove Does anyone remember Tyrol in Jackson? Also Onset in Francestown.
I have a Tyrol ski map somewhere.I skied Onset when it first opened.It had the first "bubblechair" in the northeast.I thought that chair was pretty cool in that it had a bubbled shaped top section that would pivot down to the safety bar and protect you from the elements.I will never forget standing in line for this chair and seeing somebody start to fall off the lift just after loading.There boot/ski got caught in the chair somehow and they were stuck hanging upside down from one leg for 15 minutes before the patrol figured out how to get them down.Kind of scared me a little.

Posted by Seaplane Pilot SS, you're dating yourself! Did you ski on barrel slats? I still ski on beer barrel slats so to speak.Your gonna get it Rikki!!