View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 07:06 PM   #22
SteveA
Deceased Member

Thanked 2,054 Times in 497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
Sure! How does this Saturday work for you? Can anyone else attend?

As much as I like having the ForumFest on the Mount, it will really inhibit many of the drop by members of the past.
Not that this is a drawback, but there is no smoking on the ship. Two and a half hours without a fix may keep people from attending. Feedback please!

So far I think we should consider a July or August date. Many have asked for it in the past, but we've always landed back in September. Anyone disagree?

So far here are the suggested potential ForumFest locations:

A local park

Lake Shore Park - Is this even an option anymore? As I recall is this was limited to Sundays after Labor Day, which was difficult for goers.

The Loon Center

M/S Mount Washington

The Lobster Pound – they have a marquis and maybe they would advertise
Any other restaurants come to mind that could handle a large crowd and could help spread the word with a marquis?

The Belknap Mill

The Boys and Girls Club of Laconia "Show House"

Ames Farm - is this place viable given their troubles?

Ellacoya State Park

Lake Winnipesaukee Historical Society

Please give us your feedback of the pros and cons of each location. Do you have any other locations in mind? We can have 10 choices in a poll.

Lets make this the biggest ForumFest yet!
Any of those locations would be great! LSP would have to be after Labor Day. I'm in no matter where it is held.

We went to a Rotary Club event recently at the Laconia Mill. They have a very nice hall and the museum is very interesting.