Thread: Proposed Law
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #415
Bear Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
You keep posting that fallacy and continue to refuse to back it up. When I compared the article you posted from a business magazine claiming NH was not a safe place to boat because of all the reported accidents in 2006, I presented the stats from the Marine Patrol, offered by Woodsy, from the same year as quoted in the article 2006 and I even broke them down for you but you certainly can do that for yourself. There was a single accident involving a craft above 45mph on Lake Winnipesaukee and it involved a PWC not a High Performance boat and did not involve any other vessel.

So I ask you again, what daytime accidents involving speed are you talking about?

One of your supporters claimed to have found 47 speed related accidents in the NH 2006 stats and when I asked her to identify them (the information is even on a spreadsheet so she could have just made not of the number) and we are still waiting.

The fear mongering continues.

Even according to your own words, speeding boats is not the problem near children's camps...

So the problem is congestion and "confusion" ...that would be violation of the safe passage rule, not something the HB847 will address. As a matter of fact HB847 will make things worse since enforcement will require diverting crews to radar patrols leaving fewer to enforce things like "safe passage"!
Lake Winnipesaukee is not a special case. It has no magic spell that protects its boaters from accidents. There is no reason to limit statistics to one small statistical inverse.

The opposition keeps making this insane "no accidents" claim yet we have three deaths in 6 years. Two deaths in the last 12 months. Wake up and smell the coffee.

In the statistics you mention, how many accidents have specific speed, by number, as part of the data?