Thread: Motor storage
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 11:23 AM   #11
Biggd

Thanked 1,068 Times in 673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody38 View Post
Man ol' man, am I doing everything wrong! I have a lawnmower, bought in 1994, still same spark plug, never changed oil, always leave gas without sta-bil, never have had an issue with this machine and it mulches the leaves just fine also. Lawn tractor has had oil changes and filter, still has original gas filter and plug, new battery after 9 years. Leave gas w/o sta-bil, starts and runs just fine in the spring.
Maybe I need to change my ways, however as said in my professional life, I don't change unless things are not going as planned and expected.

--------------------------------------------------

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic
I bought a new lawn mower last year and it never needs an oil change. It has no oil drain. If I wanted to change it I would have to tip it upside down to get the oil out of it. Let's see if it lasts as long as my other one did, 12 years.
As far as fuel goes, it won't go bad in 6 months but I've seen situations where something happens and the boat misses a season in the water. In that instance you would want Stabilizer in the fuel if it sat for a year and a half.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote