View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 06:22 AM   #34
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Springtime must be trailer time, because the Tractor Supply in Plymouth done has a big lot load full of about 20 different trailers starting with the 4 x 7', reg $699, now $629.

Last November, I done bought me a small used dump run trailer for $100 from over in Moultonborough, and danged if it don't dun cost me a good 'nother hundred dollar to fix it up what with paint, primer, plywood, rims and tires, lights and wires, corner mending plates, tongue lift, tarp cover and a good strong cable and padlock to lock it all to a tree so's it don't get stolen since it's now such a happening trailer.

Maybe more like $150 to get it right .... but who keeps track .... plus a new spare tire on a rim for $35..... so's maybe $185. You know that Walmart done beats the pants off Lowe's for trailer item stuff like paint, lights, hitches, tarps, corner angles ..... looking at the same exact stuff for a lower price.

Think I will letter this little trailer the "CHEZ NOUS" trailer, just to give a name ..... you know ..... every trailer should have a name ...... don't you think!
What'd you use for corners? I currently only have the plywood screwed to 2x4 framing, but I'm thinking I might want something sturdier.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote