View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 02:44 AM   #23
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top-Water View Post
The same bitching would still be taking place if the town of Alton did purchase it and made it a residents only park. You would be pissing and moaning about that too. Kind of the same thing as the "Dive" restaurant boat on "your" favorite family sand bar that you don't like. But its ok to be top-less at the weirs beach
Why would I be complaining about the town of Alton owning it? That would provide access for everybody. In fact, that's EXACTLY what would have fit into my worldview given my comment above about the best thing America ever did was create the national park system. That beautiful piece of property, like so many others, is (more than likely) lost forever.

Given the way support for public lands, parks, and access has been going in the last couple decades--and, to me, that includes things like youth camps and other programs that provide opportunities for the non-rich--an extrapolation for my children and their children is bleak. That's my point.

Much of my opinion is built upon the process I've faced when seeking opportunities for my children's youth groups, which is becoming exponentially more difficult given the shuttering, or rising costs, of access.

I have no idea of the connection between de-sexualizing the breast--or, more accurately, the quarter-sized areola that frightens so many of you--and being disappointed in the loss of public lands.

As for The Dive, I've, again, been more than consistent in my view: the business is fine, but staying at one location infringes upon the others who use or own in that location.

I was always taught that "your freedom ends at my nose," but that's swiftly becoming a thing of the past (since you know so much of my past opinions--weird, by the way--you might see that I've railed against portable speakers on hiking trails as breaking Leave No Trace).

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote