View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #11
NH_boater

Default ignorant PWC's

I was anchored off of a corner of sandy point, swimming in the water with my daughter when a elderly lady on a PWC, and a person on the back came right at us. They were both looking sideways (almost behind them) and the driver was pointing at sandy point. They were on plane headed right at my anchored boat and us in the water. Luckily I have a very loud whistle and I blasted out a loud one. They both looked forward and quickly realized they were about to run us over. They turned maybe 20 feet from our bow.

I threw my arms up like "What are you doing?" and she shot me a look like I was wrong and said something to here passenger, and they want on, joining another PWC with 2 passengers. I hope she was embarrassed for being so reckless. I have NO doubt that they would have collided with our boat and maybe us swimmers. Clueless, with a thousand pound 150HP weapon.

I see PWC's following the law all the time, but the majority of flagrant violations are often from folks (kids and adults) on PWC's. The others are often cruisers that come off plane and plow by you at maximum wake speed, maybe 50 feet away. Thanks for slowing down for us........