View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 06:41 PM   #35
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natt View Post
Don't know where your getting your bogus info. We've been here for 4 decades, DECADES. The Mount Shaw Gun Club started a year and a half ago. Mr. Purse appears to have been been deceptive and disingenuous when stating to the ZBA and CCO that this was his backyard and the shooting would be for family and friends. Some of his email highlights from 4/4/19 include..."opening day shoot at 1277 Wentworth Highway"..."warmup and competition at Five Stand"..."private shooting lessons"..."consider becoming a patron"..."test out and potentially purchase a shotgun or rifle" from "a local gun dealer"..."hold shooting clinics for beginner shooters on Saturday and Sunday mornings"..."
The Winnipesaukee Sportsman Club has been around since 1969 which is at first what I thought was being discussed here. I have no affiliation with this club however I know most if not all clubs and their leadership are very aware of and bend over backwards to be courteous with establishing rules that take under consideration the noise that is generated through the use of the ranges.

Since it is not that particular club in question this is a different situation. Again - it does not change the fact the landowner has every right to shoot on their own property so long as it falls within the parameters of what the state deems as permissible. If this is an organized club that is starting up or a for profit business that is up to the authorities to make a call as to how this should be handled.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote