View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 06:51 AM   #26
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
Downtown Grille Cafe in Wolfeboro. They have some seats outside overlooking the bay. They have a nice variety of muffins (grilled or not) for a starter and a nice menu as well. A wide variety of drinks. You order as you come in and pay, grab your coffee and take a seat. They bring the food to your table.

Farmer's kitchen is also good. Hearty food. If you are nervous about sitting near others at this time, the seats are somewhat close. We were there a few weeks ago and were comfortable but some might not be.

Menus for both are online.

We were also ready to go to Ames Farm last week and disappointed to find it closed.

I will give a Thumbs Up to the Center Harbor Diner as well. They did a complete remodel a few years ago. Very nice, good food.

Also in Center Harbor, if you are not early breakfast eaters, Gusto Italian Cafe opens at 9, Wed - Sun in Center Harbor. This place is a real gem with authentic food. They have a variety of unique breakfast sandwiches, Italian pastries, gourmet coffees, and a cozy atmosphere. Elena (from Italy) is an amazing host and Nick (a local boy, they are married) runs the kitchen. Almost everyone that goes there falls in love with the place. If you are looking for typical breakfast food taste and fast food, you shouldn't bother but if you want to slow down a bit and your taste buds WOKE, it's great. It's small and it can get busy but you can also get food to go and walk back to the town docks and sit by the lake.
We're at the Farmer's Kitchen now and remembered your mention of the seating. Honestly, we were immediately taken aback a bit as, other than the servers having masks on, it's business as usual—since it's in Carroll County, there's no 50% capacity restriction, making this the first restaurant we've eaten in "normally" since March.

We've been pretty relaxed about the Covid thing—99% of what we do outside of sleeping is outside—but I'll be honest that it is on my mind a bit.

Edit: they opened the door and I can feel the breeze coming in—that made me feel better for some reason. It's very weird the effect these last few months have had on my thinking.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote