View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 11:22 AM   #32
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
Hi Major,

New Hampshire has been relatively unscathed (especially the lakes region). The story is quite different in MA and with the upcoming summer season, COVID-19 could become a huge problem in the lakes region. There will be lots of people coming in from outside the area and some could could be infected (asymptomatic initially). Closed communities such as SD could become hot spots very quickly.

So, be careful...

Jetskier
Hi Jetskier,

Hope all is well. I understand. However, from my perspective, the social distancing and destroying our economy hasn't protected the most vulnerable, especially those in nursing/retirement homes. From what I read, most deaths in NH and MA are in nursing/retirement homes. Instead of punishing healthy people, we should have focused our energy on taking measures to protect them.

I am not worried if I get it. However, I am worried if I pass it to my mom who has COPD. The responsibility is hers to be safe. I will do my part by not visiting her when she comes back, but ultimately it is the responsibility of those who are scared to contract the Chinese coronavirus to take steps to make sure they don't.

I was out and about a lot this weekend. It appears that most people share may view about the risks.