View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 10:48 AM   #29
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts
Default Easy Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
So as I drove by the Tamarack this weekend, I was surprised A) to see them open on Sunday... and B) the absolute lack of social distancing going on.

How much liability falls on a business to make sure that the social distancing is being adhered to?
No liability since it would be next to impossible to prove where you contracted the Chinese coronavirus. However, that doesn't mean someone won't try.

I have a perfect solution. Let those of us who are not worried about contracting the Chinese coronavirus go out to restaurants with no silly constraints. (Restaurants work on the thinnest margins anyway so requiring them to be at 25% or 50% capacity is plain stupid.) Those of you who "feel uncomfortable" or are scared of the Chinese coronavirus, you can stay home until you feel safe. It is a win-win.

There is a revolt brewing. Weirs Beach and Town Docks were packed this weekend, no stupid face masks, people enjoying themselves. By Memorial Day, everything will be back to normal, whether you like it or not.